WHAT WILL I BE DOING AS A PROGRAM ASSISTANT?
Program Assistants will interact with kindergarten and first grade children as they practice reading skills through games and reading activities.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
- An opportunity to learn and practice a variety of job-related skills
- Satisfaction from knowing that you are helping your community
- Something different and interesting to do
- An opportunity to meet new people
- Volunteer service hours
- An invitation to a pizza party at the end of the summer
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE A PROGRAM ASSISTANT?
Students entering Grades 6 - 9 in the Fall and
- who have a valid Elmhurst Public Library card
- who are applying because they want to, not because their parents are making them do it
- who are responsible and trustworthy
Download the Application
More questions? Visit or call the Help Desk in the Kids' Library at 279-8696.